Thread: Authentic Le Lure or repops

Question Authentic Le Lure or repops

A friend of mine contacted me with what he termed "original Le Lure" lures - he had 2 of them. Story is that his cousin worked for the company in the early days and he got the lures from him. So I took a gamble and bought them. As I am researching, I am finding that reproductions exist. Can anyone give me a few definitive clues as to weather the lures are originals or how to identify an original vs a re-pop? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lure 1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	2305   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lure 2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	2306   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lure 3.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	2307   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lure 4.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	2308  

I do not believe those were handmade by Frenchy, if that's what you're looking for. Frenchy was working with the company 20-25 years ago but I am pretty certain he did not craft these baits.

That said, I'd buy them and fish with them. In this day when muskies see mostly TopRaiders, Fat Bastards and the like, the Globe is pretty effective.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Even if those weren't made by Frenchy they are beautiful and appear an exact match to the originals. I wouldn't fish them, in fact I would be very interested in purchasing at least 1 of them. I have a couple of used and beat up globes from my earlier years on the water. I would treasure having one of these in my small collection. Please let me know if you would ever consider selling.
    Thank You