Thread: Thank You Musky Hunter Forum.. 45" First Musky - Bucket List.. in only 9,999 cast.

Cool Thank You Musky Hunter Forum.. 45" First Musky - Bucket List.. in only 9,999 cast.

Thanks Steve and others for putting up usefull information. This is my first fall concentrating solely on Muskies instead of deer hunting. Even brought my boat up to Bemidji, Mn this year.

2 follows and 4 bites, and finally a connection on the 5th. I should have had the first four bites but my bass hookset wasn't moving the rubber enough to bury the hooks so I had to change that. Big thanks to Musky Innovations for the Mag Swim Dawg. I only had one follow on that bait, the other 5 were strikes out in the cast on falls after rips, the fish I caught hit on the fall after I let the bait sink outside the weed line. I didn't have a bite on anything else and I did use a fair amount of other lures. Great bait, lot's of action and wiggle. On the fish I caught, after the bite, I reeled out the slack and swung for the fence connecting with a good hookset on that one. I used a Lews Super Duty all month and I can say I was thoroughly impressed with it for a small reel. Paired it with the heaviest Lews Rod I could find, a Super Duty 4 Extra Heavy 7'11". I didn't throw any bulldawgs on it but for SwimDawgs, Curly Sues, Tops, Bucktails, a variety of twitchbaits from hell hounds to dyeing dawgs it handled a wide range very very well. I did cast a medusa with it for a little while and it handled it, but I think I'm going to upgrade to a Tackle Industries XXH for Medusa's next year.

Shout out to Musky Tournament Angler and Guide Ricky Franklin 218-255-0974 (near Walker, Mn). He taught me a lot last year. The guy is super honest and very generous with information. I also watched a good bit of Pete Maina's videos, Tauchen's, and the Muskie Kid's too. No way could I have done it without the preliminary 'research' and support from others like you guys. I could say that 'I' did it, but this new paradigm where everyone forgets to mention where they learned information is a slap in the face to those that have gone before us and generously share great information.

I should'a had a nice pic with me holding the fish but I forgot to hit the record button and didn't check it until after I let it go. LOL. Net pic will have to do until I catch another.. still have a couple days left. No bad for a saltwater angler from Texas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3844.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	2207  

Hey, nice fish! Congrats. I hope you get many more.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com