Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lure Boxes

Lure Boxes

Any advice on lures boxes. Looking at a hanging versions. Have seen bbaitbox, special mate and plano. Any idea on what else I should look at.

Thanks

Mark80

I prefer Plano 4-15 boxes and stuffing them in my boat's storage compartments. That way I can plug and play with the lures I need, rather than searching for them. Don't think you need a certain bait style today? Take the box out of the boat.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Thanks for the advice

Look at Lakewood boxes they make great stuff. I have 5 of them. I just got another one from Team Rhino outdoors.
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com

Thanks again. Those puppies are big $$$$

Lakewood makes a very good product, as does Just Encase. Whether you choose those boxes or go the route I've explained is up to you and the way you fish ... and don't be surprised if you change with time!
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Hello mark80 I use the Plano 7910 hanging box because I can leave it open to dry out.

I started out with that big Plano, I found it hard to see the lures and it was very prone to over-stuffing! I got two of the Special Mate boxes from Jackson Lures Co - the big one and the next size down - and couldn't be much happier. It is easy to flip between 'pages' of hanging baits, and the smaller box fits my bucktails, small cranks, and jerkbaits just fine, since I can remove some of the dividers to make more room.

I don't carry all my stuff with me in my 16 ft boat, so these two boxes will usually hold what I'm going to be using. And, they are very portable. I've not had baits overheat in them like you can get with the clear boxes in the sun.I think Jackson's website still has a video on them if they interest you at all. m

As I've gotten older, I don't carry tackle boxes in my boat anymore. I do have boxes in my boathouse, but most of my baits are scattered on workbenchs in the boathouse. I switch around 10-12 baits i just throw in the boat at any time

As a side note, 20 years ago I would carry 40-50 baits on board at all times, with age comes wisdom, yes?