Thread: Rods

Rods

I'm fairly new to this sport and l am hooked! I just bought the Diawa lexa 400 reel and looking for a 9 ft rod to pair it with and not spend a lot. Prolly won't throw anything bigger than the pounder bull dawg. Can anyone share their thoughts on the okuma telescopic rods? I'm a little leary on someting that adjusts! But love the price range! Thanks!

i have an okuma 8-6 telescopic rod. i like it alot! i might get another one. the 1 piece rod telescopes into the handle. once it is pulled tight in to place it stays there until you collapse it. no problems yet, had rod 2 years. my other rods are a more expensive big name brand and my okuma does everything as good for half the price

Thanks for the info! Also looking at the tackle industries rod, can anyone share their thoughts on this brand? Thanks

The TI rods are great for the price. I have the 9ft 2 piece and it serves its purpose when you are traveling without room for something bigger. I will say they don't at all compare to the St. Croix LT's but no problems. The Shimano Compre could also be something to look at.

A used TI 9' telescopic rod for sale on another site: https://muskie.outdoorsfirst.com/boa...osts=1&start=1