Thread: lake of the woods Lodging ????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

lake of the woods Lodging ????

SO looking into going to Lake of the Woods, ANYONE have any ideas on a Lodge to go to?? Either in Minnesota or in Canada.

What part of that massive lake were you interested in? It is divided into several sections, such as Sabaskong Bay, Whitefish Bay, NW Angle...
    I don't recommend you venture out alone on this big lake without proper guidance. Do you want an island lodge or an on-shore facility? Greater creature comforts in the on-shores, but some excellent amenities in many of the island resorts, depending on how much you want to spend.
    Here is a good place to start. They will send you lots of stuff. good luck, m

https://visitsunsetcountry.com/

You could get as many responses as there are resorts. I have stayed at the angle, sunset lodge is nice. I have not heard anything bad about any resorts up there. Like mikie said, what are you looking for will help you find the place that is right for you.

Lots of great resorts on The Woods ... Sandy's, Tamarack, Red Wing, Young's, Frolander's, as well as several listed here: http://www.muskyhunter.com/musky-dir...-destinations/

Decide first which part of the lake you intend to fish because there's no way you can fish it all. Each region has a number of nice resorts.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Heiting View Post
    Lots of great resorts on The Woods ... Sandy's, Tamarack, Red Wing, Young's, Frolander's, as well as several listed here: http://www.muskyhunter.com/musky-dir...-destinations/

Decide first which part of the lake you intend to fish because there's no way you can fish it all. Each region has a number of nice resorts.
    Thanks Steve

it'll be my first visit to LOTW, its been on my bucket list for many years. I've fished the Northern Wisconsin area for 30+ years and have decided next year it will be LOTW. Thanks for the info, I'll look into these lodges along with the lodges in MHM.

Thanks Again Steve

Also, if you are looking for LOTW-type water without crossing the border, you may want to consider Lake Vermilion in Minnesota. A bit less of a wilderness experience perhaps, lots of good lodges and cabin deals there, too. Oh, and some monster muskies. I've seen a couple. m

Be sure to check out Flag Island Resort. A great place reasonably priced focused on service.