Thread: Revo Toro S60 vs Tranx 400a

Revo Toro S60 vs Tranx 400a

Hey guys, what is your opinion on the Revo Toro S60 compared to the 400a. I know they both have different braking systems and come stock with different handles - Iím not too worried about the handles because I can always get the second one after the fact. This is mainly going to be used as an all purpose reel, throwing bucktails / Suicks / some gliders / standard size plastics. Thank you guys in advance for the help.

My opinion is there is no comparison. Tranx by a bunch.

Thanks for the response - just curious though, what makes the Tranx better overall? And if you are switching between a heavier bait to say a lighter 500 bucktail, do you have to go in and adjust the centrifugal brakes on the Tranx? As opposed to just adjusting the mag brake on the outside of the reel on the S60?

I'd go with the Tranx, too, without a doubt. It's about $50 more expensive, but it's far smoother.

Re: adjusting the braking system, I think you're overthinking this. Once you have it adjusted to your liking it should be good to go. I intentionally tried to backlash my Tranx 400 last year and couldn't do it.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Thanks for the reply steve - so you don't need to adjust the centrifugal brakes when switching from say a 2.5oz to 6oz bait? Just would need to adjust the spool tension knob? Thanks for all the help guys

Quote Originally Posted by ordmusky View Post
    Thanks for the reply steve - so you don't need to adjust the centrifugal brakes when switching from say a 2.5oz to 6oz bait? Just would need to adjust the spool tension knob? Thanks for all the help guys
    I don't, and you may not even need to adjust the spool tension knob.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Well that's awesome news. Do you usually just have to put on 2 of the centrifugal brakes or something like that then?