Thread: Musky Show Buzz?

Musky Show Buzz?

I guess there has been only one show, but any new hot lures or other musky gear creating a buzz? I usually look for a unique top water lure, but didn't see anything at the show. I might have missed some?

I suppose the Tranx junior models are buzzing?

Hi Dave:

Certainly the new Tranx reels were discussed, as you suggested. Among baits, people were talking about the new colors offered by Musky Innovations (awesome paint jobs) and Mepps' new baitfish color series in the double Musky Flashabou. Lots of interest in the nine new rods from St. Croix. Three 10-footers in the Legend Tournament series, a 9-foot big plastic rod in the Premier series, and five trolling rods in the Musky Mojo lineup.

I fished with two of the the 10-foot LT's last fall. Here's my take on them: http://www.steveheiting.com/st-croix...ky-rod-review/
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

I'm heading to the Ohio show tomorrow in Columbus. I'll ck it out. m

I guess one of the biggest 'buzzes' yesterday was abt an incident Friday. One vendor stepped away from his booth for a moment and when he returned, a couple custom ShumShum baits (worth $100 ea if I understood correctly) were missing from his table. Kinda had the other vendors on edge.
    It is hard to imagine the Karma associated with fishing a stolen bait, so my guess is they will be sold ('dark web'?). BOLO. m

Quote Originally Posted by mikie View Post
    I guess one of the biggest 'buzzes' yesterday was abt an incident Friday. One vendor stepped away from his booth for a moment and when he returned, a couple custom ShumShum baits (worth $100 ea if I understood correctly) were missing from his table. Kinda had the other vendors on edge.
    It is hard to imagine the Karma associated with fishing a stolen bait, so my guess is they will be sold ('dark web'?). BOLO. m
    Well, that sucks. If intentional, I hope karma's punishment is severe, like nothing but small pike for ten years, or something like that.

The reason I say "if intentional" is some people attending sport shows think anything on a table is a free sample ... probably not the case here, but you never know.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Steve was defiantly right about the new custom colors from Musky Innovations they are incredible as always, they also have a new lure- The Regular size Swimmin' Dawg
    they have been selling like crazy. I had a few to test last fall and they put a ton of fish in the boat for me up to 47". Cant wait to throw them this spring not since the first cowgirls came out have I seen fish get so stupid over a lure.
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hanson View Post
    Cant wait to throw them this spring not since the first cowgirls came out have I seen fish get so stupid over a lure.
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com
    That's quite the comparison. I love muskies that get stupid over a lure!
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com