Thread: A musky, with a rod and reel attached ... on Friday the 13th

A musky, with a rod and reel attached ... on Friday the 13th

If you know Joe Weiss, you know he's not only a great guy and musky fisherman, but a true conservationist. Last Friday he was able to help out a musky in need: http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...cpr/774353001/
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Hi Steve,

That is a cool story. We chased a moving bobber around a bass lake for a long time. Every time we got close, the bobber would go down and disappear only to pop up a few minutes later. Finally, we got it and freed the bass. Not quite as interesting but this story reminded me of it.

Also, saw a guy lose his rod/reel on a big rock reef in the Narrows that you know very well. It seemed as though he was fighting a musky on it prior to losing it. Next thing you know he is down to his briefs swimming around the reef. We were pretty far away (luckily!) so we couldn't see if he was successful or not? Not much current on the spot that day or he might have been in for a ride.

And, finally, Joe was able to locate the angler who lost the rod. As I said, he's a great guy.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sport...ing/773258002/
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

That's awesome.. good to see all particles got back in place. i bet that musky was relieved and thankful as well. Back to eating Tullibee.

A fib in the northwoods reunited with his musky rod won't be a happy ending story to alot of wisconsinites!