Thread: Trailer tires ?

Trailer tires ?

Need to replace my B78-13 bias ply tires on my 2007 Tracker trailer. The current tires gave me 10 good years thanks to the boat being garage kept and only towing 2-3 times per season. Any recommendations ? Go radial ? Stay Bias ply ?

Thanks for anyone's feedback, Tim

Quote Originally Posted by muskyglobe63 View Post
    Need to replace my B78-13 bias ply tires on my 2007 Tracker trailer. The current tires gave me 10 good years thanks to the boat being garage kept and only towing 2-3 times per season. Any recommendations ? Go radial ? Stay Bias ply ?

Thanks for anyone's feedback, Tim
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it! You got 10 years on the originals, I'd stick with those if I was going to buy new ones.

Even though Goodyear Marathons are now also made in China, I've had better service from them on my 1978 BassTracker trailer than the Carlisle tires that kept blowing out on me every time I'd try to go Nort' for a fishing trip. I just put two new ones on this summer after 8 years. m

Get radial trailer tires and you will be good to go ,,,, maybe go up to a "C" rated tire ,,,, you get what you pay for ----------- jim

Yeah, I missed that, Jim, thanks.

"Load range is a measure of an individual tire's maximum capacity to carry a boat and trailer. Most boat trailer tires have a load range of B, C, or D. If a tire has load range C, it can carry 1,820 pounds."

I have a BassTracker and with motor, gas, batteries, and many pounds of muskie baits I use a C.

I also recommend getting it out of the garage more often, taking it to a lake or river helps keep flat spots from developing on your tires. m