Thread: This Week on The Musky Hunter: Catch the Drop airing 3/18

This Week on The Musky Hunter: Catch the Drop airing 3/18

Check out the preview to this week's episode of The Musky Hunter airing 3/18.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LN05Yr...amp;showinfo=0

The Sucker Savant. Gotta watch this one....

Great Episode!!!

Beyond a great show! The bronze muskies represented were beyond a sight for sore eyes. I would love to have a 50" to my name, but I choose to fish waters where the shot is limited. I really want it to happen on Pelican, which has had a 50" size limit for years. The fish that have been stocked are not of the same strain that once swam in that lake. The bronzies that Jim Saric and John Mich pulled brought back some memories. I would love to hear/see a post with more details concerning the care and maintenance of having a sucker tank. Minus massive fish, this was the most informative show this past season, with a touch a friends just fishing. Someone finally admitted the knee shake!!! If that stops with me, I'm picking up a golf club.
    I'm googling sucker nose clamps already!

Clark thank you for the kind words. Those olive green beauties that come from stained water are in my opinion the prettiest fish out there.

As for care /maintenance of my sucker tank shown on the show. Its important to drain down the water at least once every few days to eliminate waste. Waste becomes ammonia and nothing will kill or cause the suckers to become lethargic faster than dirty waste filled water. I usually drain the water down to about 4 inches from bottom before I let it refill. The 100 gallon tank I use has a drain plug at its bottom. Its very important to only add salt once the tank has refilled. Take it from me; putting salt before the tank fills only pickles the suckers....lost a boatload once...lesson learned! The one thing not spoken about on the show was the plexiglass top I have hinged to the tank. This keeps the critters out ,but it also keeps the expensive guests in. I spray painted it black as to keep the tank dark and the suckers calm.

Thank you again for the kind words and your assessment of a couple of friends just fishing is the style I always hope to convey when Jim and I share a boat, because its just that. And for the shaking knee? Yes the day that doesn't happen on a good fish whether on film just fun fishing, is the day the clubs become a reality. Lets hope we both don't golf much any time soon!

John