Thread: Pressured water

Pressured water

What are some lures that are good for pressured water? Maybe some lures that are unheard of or stand out. I don't mean bulldogs.

Slippery Sams, Burmek B1's , bagley B-Flat and Pete mania's dying fish

Quote Originally Posted by shocker View Post
    Thanks I will check some of these baits out

Don't know where you are, but I find there are mostly two situations; pressured water and more pressured water. My last two trips to LOTW were what I thought to be pretty darn pressured water for what you might think would be otherwise. Home on Pewaukee is, of course, extremely pressured. What I think you may be asking, is what baits to fish when muskies are not biting. In other words: Most Of The Time! I mostly think you should tie on the bait you think they would bite when they are biting, best if it's one YOU caught musky on yourself so you really believe it. If you gotta change something, try the speed, depth, color and size of that same bait. You really just have to believe that when they turn on...they're going to turn on to your bait...and that you didn't pull it out of the water to trade it for a worse one.

Quote Originally Posted by shocker View Post
    Somebody thinks he's a comedian.

Greetings,

There is considerable wisdom in what Junkman had to say. Another way to look at is that lure selection may not have that big of a role when the fish do decide to eat. It might have to do more with when you are throwing your confidence lure and how you are presenting/working it!

Good fishing and tight lines!!

Quote Originally Posted by junkman View Post
    Don't know where you are, but I find there are mostly two situations; pressured water and more pressured water. My last two trips to LOTW were what I thought to be pretty darn pressured water for what you might think would be otherwise. Home on Pewaukee is, of course, extremely pressured. What I think you may be asking, is what baits to fish when muskies are not biting. In other words: Most Of The Time! I mostly think you should tie on the bait you think they would bite when they are biting, best if it's one YOU caught musky on yourself so you really believe it. If you gotta change something, try the speed, depth, color and size of that same bait. You really just have to believe that when they turn on...they're going to turn on to your bait...and that you didn't pull it out of the water to trade it for a worse one.
    I could not agree more

I've always said, "If you throw the wrong bait long enough and hard enough, sooner or later it becomes the right bait!" Like the man said, it's all about confidence. m