Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Operate your Minn Kota trolling motor with your phone

Operate your Minn Kota trolling motor with your phone

This just in ...

New Minn Kota Apps for i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link™ Allow Anglers to Operate Trolling Motors from iOS and Android Devices

RACINE, Wis., February 14, 2017 – Minn Kota is introducing a revolutionary app technology for trolling motors equipped with i-Pilot and iPilot Link. The free apps allow anglers to navigate and control their trolling motor via their smartphones or other mobile devices by communicating with the trolling motor via Bluetooth, and also allows users to accept software upgrades wherever they have data coverage.

According to Minn Kota Brand Manager Brad Henry, “Our goal is always to help anglers catch more fish, and precise boat control is critical to success. The new Minn Kota apps help make that easier than ever. From setting speed and direction to activating Spot-Lock and our new Spot-Lock Jog feature, we are putting a host of features into the familiar, convenient interface of phones and tablets.”

Instant fingertip navigation
    Minn Kota talked to avid anglers and loaded the new apps with the commands they use most on the water. They include basic Propeller On/Off, Left/Right Steering, Speed Control, AutoPilot activation, and deployment of Spot-Lock and Spot-Lock Jog – which keep anglers glued to a spot even in high winds and strong current. The apps also offer a High-Speed Bypass feature, which immediately boosts the motor to high speed if the angler needs to move the boat quickly.

Activate software updates on the water
    Since Minn Kota is continually expanding and evolving its technology, there are times when software updates become available. With the new apps, anglers are alerted that an update has been released. They can then activate that upgrade, even while they’re out on the water fishing. “Since integrating Bluetooth into select Minn Kota models, it has opened up a new frontier on upgrades and functionality. On-the-fly software updating is just one of many benefits,” Henry explains.

An intuitive interface
    The Minn Kota apps for i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link feature an easy-to-use screen layout designed to mimic
    Minn Kota’s handheld remotes that anglers are already accustomed to. The navigational icons are the same, and the response time is immediate. Some anglers have reported using the app as their primary control or as a back-up to their wireless remote. Still others enjoy using their foot pedal for control. Ultimately it comes down to angler preference, and Minn Kota delivers options for anglers to choose how they control their trolling motor.

Pairing the mobile device to the trolling motor is easy
    After downloading the Minn Kota i-Pilot or iPilot Link app to an iOS or Android device, an angler then “pairs” it with a Bluetooth-enabled Minn Kota trolling motor. The push-button task is fast and simple.

Compatible Minn Kota models
    The new apps communicate with the new 2017 line of Bluetooth enabled i-Pilot and i-Pilot Link trolling motors, including Minn Kota’s new Ulterra, Terrova, PowerDrive (i-Pilot only) and Ultrex models.

For more information call Minn Kota at 800-227-6433 or visit MinnKotaMotors.com/i-Pilot-App.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9b93b08d-59a9-4cba-9031-e134f36134b2.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	75.5 KB 
ID:	1957  
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Daggone, what will they think of next? I've seen the ads where the guy self-launches his boat and the troller takes it to the dock; that's pretty amazing in itself (I just use a rope!).
    Next, will they'll be implanting chips in your neck - like in an old, old sci fi movie - so your boat 'knows' just where you want to go? m

Can't think of anything I need less. Why would I run down the battery on my phone or risk dropping it overboard when I have a perfectly good remote on a lanyard.

Now if only minn kota would design a footpad that would last a entire season that would be great.....
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hanson View Post
    Now if only minn kota would design a footpad that would last a entire season that would be great.....
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com
    They do, its called a Terrova. You gotta open that wallet a little further.

Very funny John. I do not like the Terrova footpad at all. They hold up the same also. Everyone I go on trips with always has 2 spare footpads of them also..

Darn. I was going to buy a Terrova to replace my power drive because I am sick of replacing footpads. Otherwise, the Power Drive does what I need. I really didn't want to hear that the Terrova footpads don't last longer.

I have been running Powerdrives for over twenty years. I have never replaced a footpad. Take them apart, clean the contact points. It is a five minute job.

For the record, I've never needed to replace a Terrova foot pedal. I carry an extra with me at all times (this was necessary with the old, pre-2007 PowerDrives), but I've never needed to use it. Now, I don't fish every day like Jeff, but I do fish a lot.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

I dont fish as much as a guide either, but I can tell you when I had my Power Drive I went thru a number of pedals to the point where I always carried a spare. Since I have upgraded to the Terrova I have not had any problems.