Thread: Chicago Muskie Expo this weekend, Jan. 6-8

Chicago Muskie Expo this weekend, Jan. 6-8

The first musky fishing event of 2017 will be the Chicago Muskie Expo this weekend, Jan. 6-8, at Pheasant Run Resort in St. Charles, IL.

Musky Hunter will have a booth at the show. If you need to subscribe to Musky Hunter or renew your subscription, want to pick up any of our great merchandise, sign up for the University of Esox, or just talk muskies, stop by. I will be in the booth all three days of the show.

Show hours are Friday: 2-9 pm; Saturday: 9 am-6 pm; and Sunday: 9 am-3 pm. (It closes well in advance of the Packers playoff game at 3:40 p.m.)

For more about the Chicago show, visit https://www.muskieexpo.com/chicago/
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Should be a good show.
    For those of you that spool up your own line-Stealth Tackle will have these line spoolers at the show. They are awesome. I have 3 of them I got from him earlier last season.
    It mounts to wall or workbench. You can tighten the spring tension down very tight and get your line on tight for better casting performance. It is very fast and you don't have to take your reel off the rod to put line on. You can mount 1- 2500 yard spool on it or several smaller spools and leave it set up. Stop and check them out in John's booth
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StealthFM17.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	1929  

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hanson View Post
    Should be a good show.
    For those of you that spool up your own line-Stealth Tackle will have these line spoolers at the show. They are awesome. I have 3 of them I got from him earlier last season.
    It mounts to wall or workbench. You can tighten the spring tension down very tight and get your line on tight for better casting performance. It is very fast and you don't have to take your reel off the rod to put line on. You can mount 1- 2500 yard spool on it or several smaller spools and leave it set up. Stop and check them out in John's booth
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com
    Well, I only have one line spooler, so I guess I don't rate as high as Jeff.

To follow up on what he said, the Stealth line spooler is terrific. It makes it a snap to fill a reel with line.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Looks more efficient than my daughter holding the spool on a #2 pencil. Less complaining from her, too.