Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hummingbird Questions

Hummingbird Questions

Steve, (or anyone who know the answers or has opinions)

Considering going to Helix 9 or 10 SI

First, I have found different info on whether the 9 has CHIRP technology. Does it?

Second, can you install a I Link head on a Terrova that has I Pilot?

3rd, has anyone out there used 360? Not sure I can pull the trigger on it now, but the ice fishing application of it is a fascinating option to me. I can see the use on the boat, but don't think the advantage over side imaging makes up the cost.

Thanks

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Rob View Post
    Steve, (or anyone who know the answers or has opinions)

Considering going to Helix 9 or 10 SI

First, I have found different info on whether the 9 has CHIRP technology. Does it?
    No. It does not. Only the Helix 12s are available with CHIRP. http://www.humminbird.com/Freshwater...Series/?ps=all

Second, can you install a I Link head on a Terrova that has I Pilot?
    Yes, with Terrova, PowerDrive V2 and Riptide trolling motors. I am not sure if it can be done with Ulterra and Ultrex.

3rd, has anyone out there used 360? Not sure I can pull the trigger on it now, but the ice fishing application of it is a fascinating option to me. I can see the use on the boat, but don't think the advantage over side imaging makes up the cost.

Thanks

Rob
    I haven't used it. I think for a walleye or panfish angler or may remain stationary for sometime, it would be invaluable. We musky fishermen tend to keep moving. With regard to its ice fishing application, a lot of the top competitive ice anglers wouldn't be without it.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

hello guys ,i read somewhere that the helix 5 is getting chirp thech maybe the others will too later ? and about the 360 ,steve could you elaborate why it is not ideal for musky fisherman ? i was seriosly looking at the 360 for bass and musky !

FYI - Bass Pro Shops is advertising a Helix 10 with CHIRP, a Helix 9 also I think. I asked them to confirm it has CHIRP, and they did. Just warning others that may be misleading. The Hummingbird site does not say either model has CHIRP technology.

Smile

FYI - Bass Pro Shops is advertising a Helix 10 with CHIRP, a Helix 9 also I think. I asked them to confirm it has CHIRP, and they did. Just warning others that may be misleading. The Hummingbird site does not say either model has CHIRP technology.
    i checked BPS and it is the helix 5 and 7 only ! they are G2 or second generation so that means 9and 10 may follow !

According to some Humminbird dealers, early this week there will be announcement from HB with some big news ...

Quote Originally Posted by danlaboucane View Post
    hello guys ,i read somewhere that the helix 5 is getting chirp thech maybe the others will too later ? and about the 360 ,steve could you elaborate why it is not ideal for musky fisherman ? i was seriosly looking at the 360 for bass and musky !
    As Coach Rob pointed out, if Humminbird will be offering CHIRP to some of the other units, they haven't yet said so on their website. If I don't know an answer offhand, I always refer to websites and can only go with what they state.

Regarding the 360, I think it's great if you remain stationary, but if you're constantly on the move (as a musky fisherman), I think I'd spend too much time looking at it rather than fishing.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Humminbird has introduced the new Helix gen 2 models, with CHIRP technology: http://www.humminbird.com/Freshwater...tyle/HELIX_FW/

I guess that settles that question ...
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

now a call to santa !!!