Thread: Another warm fall in front of us?

Another warm fall in front of us?

Spent a day last weekend in the Kawarthas which usually spit out numbers of mid sized skis this time of year and we went 0 for 0. Not even a follow.

Reports had the previous day and the previous weekend producing numbers. Lots of baitfish in the areas we fished as well.

Tried several areas and patterns to no avail. A person I know who guides on this lake ended up with one small fish for the entire day. I'm sure his client wasn't impressed...:\ The water temp was in the high 50s.

Any thoughts on how to approach this? I'm planning a second trip next weekend...

TIA!

I'm surprised that that the water temperature is still so high, Ottawa River is in the low 40s range.
    John Anderson just posted some hints for the Ottawa River, some of it should help you See his FB page The Ottawa River Musky Factory
    There is also the possibility you picked the wrong day
    Last edited by lifeisfun; 11-11-2016 at 03:40 AM.

My guess is you just picked the wrong day, as lifeisfun suggested. Every now and then they remind us of why it's called "fishing" and not "catching."

However, if the water temps are indeed in the high 50s, remember the fish have no idea where we're at on the calendar. All they know is water temp. When the water is in the high 50s the fish will be shallow, in the sloppiest stuff you can find, or on wind-blown rocks.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

I'm going back out this weekend... lets see what happens..lol

This time put the water temp probe in the water.

"pud"