Thread: Lake map apps?

Lake map apps?

Anyone found any good lake map apps for the iphone/ipad?

RE: Lake map apps?

Navionics PC App is the best,but if you wait a couple months I hear that Navtronics will have the Fish N Chip App available.
    http://www.navionics.com/NavionicsVideos.asp

Capt. Larry D. Jones

RE: Lake map apps?

Navionics has apps specific to both the iPhone and iPad. The iPad one is slightly pricey at 25 bones but it is basically the same info as the hot maps chip for the boat. It looks similar on screen to the hot maps on my humminbird unit, except you can also overlay google satellite images. the level of detail on the HD mapped lakes shows even more contour in the iPad than on my HB unit. Found some subtle structure I didn't know existed before!

If you have the 3G version of the iPad you can use it as a very large gps unit on the boat...just be sure it doesn't get wet! A large ziploc bag is good.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroMusky View Post
    Navionics has apps specific to both the iPhone and iPad. The iPad one is slightly pricey at 25 bones but it is basically the same info as the hot maps of dale hollow lake for the boat. It looks similar on screen to the hot maps on my humminbird unit, except you can also overlay google satellite images. the level of detail on the HD mapped lakes shows even more contour in the iPad than on my HB unit. Found some subtle structure I didn't know existed before!

If you have the 3G version of the iPad you can use it as a very large gps unit on the boat...just be sure it doesn't get wet! A large ziploc bag is good.
    Hi
    I don't think so that the climatic condition affect on the gps during the cruise.