Thread: Wondering what experience people have with Sea Foam for winter fuel storage?

Wondering what experience people have with Sea Foam for winter fuel storage?

I saw the advertisement on Lindners Angling Edge for Sea Foam and it made a difference in the performance of my truck after the first use. I was wondering what experience others have had with this product for boat long term fuel storage? It says on the can that should be used for this purpose as well. I have used Stabil in the past. Any comment is welcome. Bart

I use Sea foam all year long as well as for winter storage. Works great for me.

I always keep some on the boat during the season. Occasionally the Canadian gas at the camps over time collects a little moisture and you need the Sea Foam. It can be an emergency stuck out on the water and your boat keeps stalling. Even worse I've had it where the boat won't restart out on the lake. You can imagine how spooked I was the first time it happened. Ever since I keep an extra can on board.

I use it all the time for outboards, the lawn tractor and anything else that could get occasional use. i use it once in a while in the car and truck. i just started an outboard that i don't think i had started in about 2 years. it started the third pull of the rope.
    Dave F

I've used Sea Foam in my boat, lawn mower, lawn tractor, snowmobiles, ATV, chainsaw, leaf blower and probably something else I can't think of right now. In fact, I just used it in my leaf blower Saturday, and it went from rough running to a wide open scream in about five minutes.

Sta-Bil is still good stuff to keep your gas from breaking down during longterm storage, but Sea Foam works for cleaning carburetors and eliminating any moisture in the gas. The more I use Sea Foam the more I'm impressed with it.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Heiting View Post
    I've used Sea Foam in my boat, lawn mower, lawn tractor, snowmobiles, ATV, chainsaw, leaf blower and probably something else I can't think of right now. In fact, I just used it in my leaf blower Saturday, and it went from rough running to a wide open scream in about five minutes.

Sta-Bil is still good stuff to keep your gas from breaking down during longterm storage, but Sea Foam works for cleaning carburetors and eliminating any moisture in the gas. The more I use Sea Foam the more I'm impressed with it.
    I use Sta-Bil for over the winter storage of gas, but looks like I should try Sea Foam to ensure any moisture is eliminated and my 1999 Honda carbs cleaned out.

Use it. On everything. Especially your outboard.

A friend of mine was a big believer in Sea Foam and last year I used it for the first time. I had bought a used boat with a kicker late in the summer and while I was not using the kicker, I had run it for a half hour or so after purchase and it was a little rough. I thought I would replace plugs, etc. after the season. Then I added sea foam to the gas and ran the kicker for 15 minutes. After five minutes, it smoothed right out. Apparently there was a minor issue and the Sea Foam cleared it up. Made a believer out of me.

Sea Foam has some unbelievable powers! I have an old 1972 Evinrude 9.5HP motor that was starting to run rough and give me problems getting it to start. I have started feeding a steady diet of Sea Foam in every tank full and it runs as good as it did when I bought it back in 1975. I use Sea Foam in just about everything now and really like the results.