Thread: Musky Mastery Book Available Again

Musky Mastery Book Available Again

25th Anniversary Edition of Musky Mastery Released

ST. GERMAIN, Wisconsin — The book that taught musky fishermen there is more to success than simply putting in “time on the water” is again available in print.

During the 1991 fishing season, Steve Heiting set out to explain how to catch the so-called “fish of 10,000 casts” by every technique, from fly-fishing in the spring through livebait in the fall. Rather than rely on his own experiences, Heiting interviewed and fished with the best musky guides of the time, and revealed their secrets in his 1992 book, Musky Mastery: The Techniques Of Top Guides. Now, a quarter century later, Musky Mastery has been re-released in a 25th anniversary edition.

“The original publisher of Musky Mastery sold out four printings of the book, but it’s been off the market for nearly 15 years,” Heiting said. “During that time, thousands of new musky anglers have entered the sport, and I have
    received many requests for copies. In 2014, I brought Musky Mastery back as an e-book, and the sales have been so good in that format I was convinced to bring it back in print.”

The names of the guides included in Musky Mastery read like a who’s who of musky fishing: Joe Bucher, Steve
    Herbeck, George Langley, Roger Sabota, Bruce Shumway, Brian Long, Dave Dorazio, Pete Maina, Gene
    Curtis, Dick Moore and the late Peter Haupt. The information they revealed was so cutting-edge it remains valid even today.

Through the book’s descriptive narrative, readers can “join” the author as he fishes with each of the guides, utilizing the techniques which made them famous and documenting the results of each unique adventure.

In the preface to the new edition, Heiting takes a retrospective look at the changes in musky fishing during the past 25 years and asks where the sport will be 25 years from now. The new edition also includes “where are they now” information about each of the featured guides.

The 160-page softcover book is packed with 68 photos of the guides in action.

Musky Mastery is available for $19.95 plus $3.99 shipping & handling from www.steveheiting.com/musky-mastery-book/, http://www.muskyhuntercatalog.com/in...product_id=316, select northwoods bookstores, and from www.amazon.com/dp/0996057935
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MuskyMasteryCOVER.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	1902  
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Steve - I assume you will have these at the shows this winter? I still have my old one on the book shelf, maybe if I twist your arm a little I can get you to sign my old one and a new one : ).

Quote Originally Posted by h2os2t View Post
    Steve - I assume you will have these at the shows this winter? I still have my old one on the book shelf, maybe if I twist your arm a little I can get you to sign my old one and a new one : ).
    Yes, we'll have them in the Musky Hunter booth at all the shows, and yes, I'll be glad to sign your copies. Thank you.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Can I get a signed copy on-line? Otherwise I'll wait until the Chicago Show.

Absolutely, Ken. I'll be glad to sign it. Thanks for asking, and for your interest in Musky Mastery.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Steve

I still laugh when I think about that miserable day you and George L were fly fishing Slaughter Bay on LVD. You and George and my brother and I were I believe the only idiots out on LVD that ugly spting snowy day

rnovak

Quote Originally Posted by rnovak View Post
    Steve

I still laugh when I think about that miserable day you and George L were fly fishing Slaughter Bay on LVD. You and George and my brother and I were I believe the only idiots out on LVD that ugly spting snowy day

rnovak

Days don't get much uglier than that, Rick!
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Just got my 25th Anniversary copy last week. It's a very well written read for sure.
    I especially enjoyed the last 2 chapters...got me a little more fired up for the weeks ahead than usual. Thanks Steve, nice note in there also.
    Be safe out there.

Still one of my favorite musky books, read it every year its a great book.
    Steve-I know I have talked to you about this before but when is Musky Mastery 2 coming out?
    Lot of things have changed since you wrote the last one be great to see a 2017 version.
    Thanks,
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com