Thread: Had some luck with spook type plugs...

Had some luck with spook type plugs...

but am looking at the larger stuff,like Suick baby weagle,and the small Big Mamma,and trying to pick which of these is the most easy to walk very quick,as the quick is what gets the bites for me.The larger 8" Big Mamma,as well as a Home wrecker were not walking at any speed for me.This is in a river with moderate current.

Get a One eye willy JR. from Monster Lures. you can work them very fast and they are very easy to work. been my best topwater for 2016.
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com

Was using med spinning when I caught the musky,10# test.don`t want to go to my big musky rig,8' XXH TI&6500.wanted to use a bass casting with 30#braid,50# FC leader.This is light enough to work the bait quick,I hope.Will check out the Willy JR,Thanks!

Ya know, with this heat and overly-hot water, most of us are leaving the muskies alone until things cool down a touch. Fighting a fish, especially using light tackle, wears them out to a point that can be fatal; kinda like you jogging in overalls in this weather. If you wait a few more weeks, things should be a bit better. m

You can tell by the tackle,as well as the size of the bait that I`ve been smallie fishing,when the daytime bite leaves,low clear water,I always wade nite fish.The area I was in might explain the 42" musky,or maybe afer 30,0000 casts I was due,since in 45 years this was the 1st,might not see another?