Thread: MPLS metro lakes question

MPLS metro lakes question

Looks like I may be taking a September trip to the Minneapolis Metro area. My mind plays lots of tricks on me, but did I read correctly somewhere that the Metro Lakes were going to "close" at a certain time each day? Anyone have a link where I can get some more information? thanks, m

Here is the link to the Metro accesses (click on the county in the map in the upper right hand corner). http://dnr.state.mn.us/water_access/...ies/index.html

It says "Please call the 'operating agency' for hours and water access rules and regulations." The boat landings list includes the "operating agencies" telephone numbers.

There is some really good fishing to be had on the Minneapolis metro waters. I've made a handful of trips there to specifically fish on Lake Minnetonka, and have yet to be disappointed. You just have to make the necessary allowances to fish in milfoil.

Don't go on weekends, even in the fall. If the Vikings are getting trashed (which I hope happens a lot this year ), boat traffic even on Sunday afternoon can get ridiculous.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Of note: only a few of the inner city lakes have restrictions and a couple of the parks (ie Independance) the majority have ramps open 24-7. Once you get past Labor day things get quite a bit less crowded as school gets going and the days get shorter limiting the after work crowds as well.

Thanks. I just got the info packet and map from the link Steve gave me. There's more water around there than a man could fish in a year, so I'm going to try to narrow down my options. I'm prolly taking my 16 ft BassTracker with the 9.9 on it, so if I also try to fish Tonka, I'll just have to pick a bay and pick it apart without a lot of running and gunning.
    Thanks for the help, m