Thread: Shallow invader tail

Shallow invader tail

My tails keep falling out, am I missing something? One on a fish, Lost two tails casting ,probably have thrown only 100 casts with the bait. I tried using some hot glue that was a waste of time. What's the secret I like the bait

Sounds to me like the barbed plastic peg in the front half of the (hard) plastic body broke off with one of your tails (probably the first). If it hasn't, just push it on until the sides of the tail are flush with the body on the front half.

We got two last night on a Shallow Invader. It's a great bait, but when the peg breaks that particular lure is done.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Thx, that's probably the issue.

When I replace the tail I super glue them in also, they hold very well that way. I will put a few drops on new ones also. Helps keep the pike from ripping them off. They like to swim up and grab the back of the tails. Muskys usually hit the front part
    They are a great bait.
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com

I think the tail pegs have broken off mostly in the net for me. I have drilled a small hole and put Super glue on a thin dry wall screw and left 5/8" out, to push replacement tail on. Seems to work for me. Great bait!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
    I think the tail pegs have broken off mostly in the net for me. I have drilled a small hole and put Super glue on a thin dry wall screw and left 5/8" out, to push replacement tail on. Seems to work for me. Great bait!
    I'd love to see a pic where you drilled. I tried using gorilla super glue but it made the tail really slimey and it never set up

I have a fix for you: insert the tail and then using a small drill bit drill from one side and out the other going through both the hard plastic and soft tail at the same time. Insert a finishing nail, piece of heavy bucktail wire or similar into the hole and trim flush at both ends. Put a dab of 5 min epoxy on each end of the wire to lock it in place. Your tail will stay in place just fine.

i haven't tried it, but would like to know if anyone else has. i wonder if Pro's Soft Bait Glue would work?
    http://www.prosoftbaitglue.com/
    Dave Frank

IlJohn
    Drill small pilot hole in center of broken peg. Leave enough screw head out to get into rubber tail