Thread: Revo Toro Beast

Revo Toro Beast

Haven't seen one of these in person yet. Would they be good for double 10's?
    Dave F

Yes. Absolutely. Get the 4.9:1 retrieve ratio model for more power. (It still picks up 27 inches of line per crank.)

I'm looking forward to using the 6.2:1 model with smaller bucktails.

Here's more info on the Beast: http://www.abugarcia.com/abugarcia-r...e/1373570.html
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave F View Post
    Haven't seen one of these in person yet. Would they be good for double 10's?
    Dave F
    I have used Abu Garcia Revo Toro's since they came out and until the Beast I was pleased with them. The Beast does not have synchronized level wind and at least with my casting technique it is much more prone to backlashes. I rarely get backlashes with any other reel I use. I have fished every day since the WI opener last weekend and during that time 90% of my casting was with NaCl's with no backlashes and for the 10% with the Beast probably 5-6 backlashes. I have only thrown smaller stuff so far and it will likely be better with the larger. it does not seem to matter how I adjust the magnetic brakes or spool tensioning. The reel does seem to be of good quality otherwise and I like the better drag system, but I will no longer recommend them to friends.

A bit more thumb or a bit more brake might be all you need. I'm starting to think this just might be the best reel ever. When a spool lets you cast this thing an absolute mile, it takes getting used to a bit. My overruns with this reel were over in a few hours. Give it another try....its gold!

picked up the beast 6.2 and the toro s during the off season. used the beast exclusively the few times i was able to get out over memorial day weekend. Not a single backlash, casts like a dream. Will likely give me a good workout pulling double 10s, but have the S as a backup if I am not man enough . One of the best reels i have ever used so far. Don't let the lack of level wind deter you.

Both Beast 4.9 and 6.2 are excellent reels
    Now the new Rocket (right hand only) 7.6 is another great addition.