Thread: Muskellunge Club of WI stocks Okauchee Lake

Muskellunge Club of WI stocks Okauchee Lake

This is cool. The Muskellunge Club of Wisconsin putting fish into Okauchee Lake.

Bob Baumann was a great guy, and I see his wife, Roxanne, continues to work to memorialize him.

Note the elected official talking up the benefits of musky stocking -- some in Minnesota could learn from this!

https://www.facebook.com/Muskellunge...04888/?fref=nf
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Steve, the link isn't working.

Jay

Works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by jaydchad View Post
    Steve, the link isn't working.

Jay
    The link goes to the club's Facebook page. You'll need to scroll down a little to find the video.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Thanks for posting this, Steve. We had an absolute blast! This springtime stocking of 800 super healthy 14-16" yearling muskies into Okauchee Lake was done not only with financial support from the Muskellunge Club of Wisconsin, the Milwaukee Chapter of Muskies Inc, and grant money from Waukesha County, but was performed by a large number of member from both clubs who have partnered for the 3rd year in a row to stock muskies in SE Wisconsin.

This past Tuesday, we had a big crowd of support from Waukesha County representatives and lots of club members from both clubs who came together at Okauchee Lake. It was amazing to be among 17 of those club members in 9 boats to distribute those gorgeous muskies in various places around Okauchee Lake.

Plans are already underway for both clubs to team together for another stocking again in the fall. We had a lot of buzz among the MCW and MCMI members that helped that day! I told several of them the next day at our April member meeting that I think I was still high from the muskie slime time on the ol' goat! Great stuff for sure!

I would encourage anyone in the Milwaukee to connect with either muskie club in the area. If you think clubs aren't your thing but you're still interested in helping with stocking muskies in SE Wisconsin, both MCMI and MCW can provide ways for your financial support to go directly to stocking more muskies. Website URLs and email addresses are provided below if you'd like to check them out or email to inquire how you can get involved.

Wherever you fish, good luck on the water in 2016!

Muskellunge Club of Wisconsin
    - http://muskiewi.org/stocking.html
    - muskellungecw@gmail.com
    Milwaukee Chapter of Muskies, Inc
    - https://milwaukeemuskiesinc.com/category/stocking/
    - board@milwaukeemuskiesinc.org

Check out a shot of the beautiful muskies we stocked in Okauchee Lake this past Tuesday (4/12/2016)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MuskiesLowRes.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	1810  

Okauchee Lake - 1100 more muskies!

Yesterday we added 300 more yearling muskies to Okauchee Lake

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/outdo...377360421.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160427-JohnGavin&BrianOkauchee.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	1812  

Their is a feature story on this on the front page of the Milw. Journal/Sentinel Sports section this morning. Very prominent, got almost as much ink as the Packers draft.

Way more important than the draft. I may catch one of those on a sucker some day when all grown up.

So cool looking. I used to have a place I could buy fingerlings from for my tank at home.