Thread: Ceramic Ball Bearings for my Shimano reels

Ceramic Ball Bearings for my Shimano reels

Merry Christmas everyone!

Thinkng about upgrading my Shimano Tranx and Conquest reels with ceramic ball bearngs.
    Has anyone done this? Understand that if I did this that my casting distance will really increase which would really be nice.

jim

I've never done it on a Shimano, but I have 15 - 20 Abu reels that I have upgraded to ceramic bearings and they cast much farther and smoother than stock reels. I also added bearings every where I could, level wind, idler gear, and a cermic pawl. I'd put my reels up against any twice the price.

Quote Originally Posted by KenK View Post
    I have 15 - 20 Abu reels that I have upgraded to ceramic bearings and they cast much farther and smoother than stock reels.
    Any recommendations as to where to get these?

Thanks in advance!

Ditto on KenK. I have two hot rodded Abu 6500s that still can out cast anything else I got.

Had it done at Mike's Reel Repair in Canada years ago. Otherwise Pimp My Rod & Reel does that sort of work too.

I bought most of the upgrades from Mike's Reel Repair in Canada too. You can also search Abu Garcia upgrade on ebay and many sellers come up. Some offer entire kits to transform your reel. If you've ever taken down your reel for maintenance, you should be able to install yourself!

Thanks for the info!

Thank you everyone. Going to contact Mikes. I would be awesome to cast further. Any increase in smoothness would also be real nice.