Thread: Used Bulldawgs?

Question Used Bulldawgs?

I am brand new to the world of musky fishing and have found a great swap meet site on face book called the musky flee market. I have been finding some great deals on there and recently bought 6 bulldawgs for $42 bucks and they came today. The only problem I have with them is that they reek of smoke. You can tell that the seller was a heavy smoker and after putting them in my box my hands stunk. I am mainly a bass fisherman and alot of thought goes into scents and how the bass respond. Do I need to worry about the fact that these smell like smoke or is a musky going to whack these out of predator instinct.

Only is the muskies are smokers! Seriously, I would think that the aroma will diminish after using them a bit. Also, I experimented with scents for muskies and they don't seem to respond to anything out there. They are more sight and lateral line feeders.

Don't touch em seal them up in Tupperware till use to preserve scent,,,Eagle tails were one of the most productive musky baits of all time. George Wahl the owner maker never would tie baits without a cigarette in his mouth. Down his basement were personnel baits that hung on his wall for years and local guys and guides here always wanted to get their hands on them for all the nicotine that collected in the hair over the years. I don't smoke but if I knew where I might get some concentrated liquid nicotine I'd use it for scent.Todd Clevlend of phantom was a heavy smoker another bait that's a productive lure.,,,,NICOTINE is addictive!!!!
    Last edited by happy hooker; 10-01-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by happy hooker View Post
    Don't touch em seal them up in Tupperware till use to preserve scent,,,Eagle tails were one of the most productive musky baits of all time. George Wahl the owner maker never would tie baits without a cigarette in his mouth. Down his basement were personnel baits that hung on his wall for years and local guys and guides here always wanted to get their hands on them for all the nicotine that collected in the hair over the years. I don't smoke but if I knew where I might get some concentrated liquid nicotine I'd use it for scent.Todd Clevlend of phantom was a heavy smoker another bait that's a productive lure.,,,,NICOTINE is addictive!!!!
    Ooooh, ooooh, idea...VAPE BAITS!!! I'm gonna corner the market!