Thread: Big muskies under the "blood" moon

Big muskies under the "blood" moon

If you had a chance to view it last night, the "blood" moon was pretty cool. The rise was spectacular, but the eclipse was something you just don't see every day ... or, for that matter, not again until 2032.

I just posted a picture of a 51-incher caught under the blood moon last night on the website, and I've heard of a few others that were caught. Did you fish under the blood moon and, if so, how did you do? I would have liked to but a family get-together prevented it.

Here's the pic I mentioned: http://www.muskyhunter.com/trophy-ta...lery/image/996
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

We saw 5 followers on blades but couldn't get them to eat. Still, it was great to observe the lunar eclipse out on the water on a clear night.

I received a text from Doug Smith last night at 2:15 a.m. that a client of his caught a 51 1/2-incher. Not sure of the exact time of the catch -- it was clearly after nightfall -- but if the musky was caught shortly before the text it would have been right in the middle of a major.

Not under the "blood moon" but still well within the parameters of a full moon fish.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com