Thread: Lund question...

Lund question...

Anyone using a Lund Alaskan?

If so, can you recommend rod holders for trolling for muskies?

Thanks in advance.

I don't own one but fished from them - nice boat for 'ski's.

Ck out:
    http://www.down-east.com/

you should find something to your liking. m

Down East are good and I've been in Lund Alaskan's outfitted with them. I have Down East on my own boat, not a Lund, just to state a disclaimer. You can mount about any type you want using the "track" inside the gunnel on any Lund. Lunds are good boats and the Alaskan's are no exception. That's my opinion, which is worth at least as much as a cold Pepsi!
    Dave

Thanks guys. Dave if you ever come and fish the Kawartha's I will buy you all the cold pepsi's you want.

Thanks. With the Down East rod holders, when you get snagged or hook a fish, the rod will be in a "bind" in the holder. You have to get the handle "straight" in the holder by using one hand to "push" in front of the reel and "pull" with the other hand behind the reel, then lift straight up. It's easier to do than explain. When you hook a fish, keep the motor in gear, clear all the lines that you need out of the way, and then you can get the rod out of the holder. When you have everything ready, you can then put the boat in neutral and fight the fish. By leaving the motor running, you will be able to turn the boat quickly to fight the fish if you need to. Good luck.
    Dave F