Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legit 60

Quote Originally Posted by dfkiii View Post
    Maybe you need to start hitting the gym.
    Then he would just be meat head Rob Lowe.

The guys age has nothing to do with the length of the fish. First off some big fish don't fight as hard some medium sized ones. And not every 80 year old guy has the same strength as the next. Ever see 73 year old Paul McCartney run around on stage with the energy of a 5 year old for 2 and a half straight hours without a sip of water? I'm 32 and couldn't do that. No matter what the size of that fish is, it's big. And that's good enough.

That is a giant fish, no doubt. Congrats to the angler, regardless if it's 57 or 60!

Does anybody know who the fisherman is? We'd like to get the full story for MHM.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf0503 View Post
    I'm not so sure it real. It would take a hell of an angler to catch a 60 and from the info provided the guy is 82. I'm anything old guys here but really I'm 41 & I would have problems landing and lifting a 50" let alone a 60 my 44 incher (Personal Best) was hard enough.
    So now we estimate fish size based on how weak we think a person might be, based on their age? That's a new one! Too bad that as we age, the fish we are able to catch are reduced drastically. I guess I have just over 10 years before I'll be capped at 45 inch fish. Dang it!

P.S. Did you ever shake hands with an old farmer? I'll let you be the one to tell them they are weak...

I couldn't accurately guess the length or girth of this fish based on a picture, but I can tell it's BIG! Many congrats to the lucky angler, and I wish him several more years of happy fishing!

Lifting a 60 incher???? At 84 it would be hard but for the rest of us we would be so "pumped" with adrenaline it would be no problem,,ill take a hernia for the chance.

Aren't there two people holding this fish?