Thread: Invader tail

Invader tail

I lost my tail on the 5th cast with a new lure. My buddy lost his on the first fish he encountered . Is this normal? Where do u buy replacements? We were in sabaskong bay 2 weeks ago fishing was tough very windy. Regardless we are new musky addicts and are still learning. I caught 2 mid 30's and had a monster follow a 8 the last day. Thanks for any replies. And my top raider got a bubble on the tail section it was in a clear Plano box.

if you keep lures in a clear Plano box, keep them out of direct sunlight, the inside of a hot car, or anyplace else that gets excessively warm..

What kind of lure did you throw the tail off of?

Obviously an Invader but a Shallow or otherwise I don't know. But I'd bet a shallow, fishing in & around Sabaskong. Where in Sabaskong were you? Any near Nestor Falls?

Shallow invader. We fished all over sabaskong stayed at a private cabin east of rabbit island. It won't be our last trip to lotw, fishing conditions were terrible. Justin at Mylies said we did well considering the storm that rolled through on our 2nd and 3rd day. We saw a lot of fish but they wouldn't commit. We lost a lot of fish casting into Heavy cover with slop masters, that single hook is tuff to get a good hook set.

I've caught 4+ 40" muskies on the same shallow invader without losing the tail. I've also caught many pike on it as well. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Before last years Canadian trip, I bought a replacement tail and kept it in my tackle box. After this years trip, I need to replace it because it no longer "works" properly. I hope the replacement tail lasts as long as the original.