Thread: Revo Toro NACL Line Guide Skips

Revo Toro NACL Line Guide Skips

Anybody have an easy fix for the line guide skipping when it gets to one side. My NACL 60HS skips every time I hold the reel on it's side with the handle side up, when the line guide gets to the handle side. It will skip several times, then start its way back down the line guide track, and reverse correctly on the "non-handle" side, and then skip again once it gets to the end of the handle side.

Any thoughts, or should I just send it in?
    Thanks.
    --Frazier

Sounds line a worn pall or worm gear. Send it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazier View Post
    Anybody have an easy fix for the line guide skipping when it gets to one side. My NACL 60HS skips every time I hold the reel on it's side with the handle side up, when the line guide gets to the handle side. It will skip several times, then start its way back down the line guide track, and reverse correctly on the "non-handle" side, and then skip again once it gets to the end of the handle side.

Any thoughts, or should I just send it in?
    Thanks.
    --Frazier
    Assuming there is a screw that holds the pawl in the line guide assembly securely to the level-wind shaft, I'm guessing it's loosened up. (the pawl rides in the level wind shaft, and is held in place by the screw)
    Last edited by BLL_BIGFISH; 07-21-2015 at 09:16 AM. Reason: clarity

Bruce --

Where exactly is this "screw". I don't see a visible one on the pawl, or one near it. I do see a silver cap, but there are no screws on it. Can you explain how to get to this screw, and where it is in more detail?

Look on this schematic. 19, 20, and 21 would be the items to look at. It is quite different than my round Abu Garcia's.

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schem...34-12939-0.pdf

I have that schematic, but it does nothing to show where "THE SCREW" is. There is no screw visible, unless maybe you take the whole assembly apart. However that doesn't sound like an "easy" fix, like everyone I've talked to. Can someone show me a picture of an actual reel and where the screw is...if there actually is one?

According to the schematic there isn't a screw, but rather a nut that holds the pawl in place and it looks like there is a cover over the whole assembly. I can't look at a Revo until this weekend when we are up at the cabin. If it is under warranty, I would just send it in to Purefishing.

If you do send it in, I would recommend you send it to the Spirit Lake address. You may also want to take the line off of it and use it for another reel or for the reel they send back to you. It has been my experience that, although they provide good service and back their products up, you may not get the same reel back, but a replacement.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Frazier View Post
    Bruce --

Where exactly is this "screw". I don't see a visible one on the pawl, or one near it. I do see a silver cap, but there are no screws on it. Can you explain how to get to this screw, and where it is in more detail?
    Sorry for my delay in responding. I'm thinking the silver cap has a slot on it to tighten it... hence I called it a screw, whereas I should have said threaded cap with a slot facing the spool. I suspect the reel may have to come apart substantially to get access to tighten if that is the issue.

There are good tutorials online, but it used to take me 2-4 hrs to break down and reassemble a Revo Toro, which is likely very similar. Breaking them down is substantially easier than reassembling them.
    Last edited by BLL_BIGFISH; 07-22-2015 at 06:08 PM. Reason: clarify