Thread: Fall techniques other than trolling

Fall techniques other than trolling

Hi, I'm fairly new to muskie fishing and have only gone a couple times in the fall, and we were trolling. No offence to those who troll but it seemed to take half the fun out of muskie fishing (We didn't get any so I'm a little biased). What are other good techniques in the fall especially October?

Anything is good, Thanks

I fish in northern Wisconsin. We normally cast slower moving baits (gliders, rubber and jerks)and also have a couple suckers out. Very fun! It's cool when you get a follow and it ends up taking the sucker.

Deeper than normal? Off points and reefs? I fish LOTW and hopefully will start fishing Vermilion

It all depends on the weather. Sunny days with warming water temps, I do rocks and sandy south facing shorelines. Cloudy, colder days yes off deeper points and reefs or deep green weeds if I can find some. I normally am fishing shallow lakes, so it is all relative.

I like to throw the 9" HI (plastic) Suick in the "Bronze Perch" or "Natural Sucker" color pattern ,,, work it at a medium speed and minimize the slack line when retrieving the Suick ---- SHARPEN the HOOKS !!!! ------ jimjimjim

I slow down and use suckers while casting. Pull off to secondary breaks and really hit honey holes during moon phases. If you can find green weeds good stuff.

Do they still go for Bucktails/topwaters in Fall?