Thread: You Know You are a Musky Fanatic When...

You Know You are a Musky Fanatic When...

So, I'm lying in a hospital bed about to undergo gallbladder surgery. Instead of thinking about the surgery (which went well), I am wondering if my DVR has enough space left to record the next episode of the Musky Hunter TV show that I am about to miss.

Anyone else have a moment that made you realize that you are a Musky fanatic?

Brian

dunnot. dut da dunnot...

I had mine out in January. I wish I could say it only hurt when I cast but. You do get good drugs. I hope you feel better soon and try to laugh or sneeze it hurts.

I was out Casting my new reel today in my alley when I thought "Boy I could really make a Bomb cast with this reel" Then thinking about all the times Jim has said "Bomb Cast".

You have been up north fishing all weekend, 7 hours from home, you fish into Sunday afternoon and stop by Rolie and Helens on the way home. Your working on Monday. It's 7:30pm and your still in the store.....

Cool

When...you wake up as you begin a figure 8 over the side of your bed, cause you just had a big girl follow....or wake up with a hook set...
    Last edited by Musky197; 04-02-2015 at 08:39 PM.

When you and a buddy send a text every single week of the year counting down the amount of weeks until next years canada trip starting the week you get back. 51 more weeks...50...49....which reminds me, 11 more weeks!

Also when you wake up in the morning with a swollen elbow that you were laying on, that was caused by setting the hook multiple times on the "mother load" from that nights dream. Never figured out what i did to my elbow but eventually it went away
    Last edited by mofferman; 04-03-2015 at 07:48 AM.

I like the texting. I might have to start that. My friends and I talk about our LOTW trip all year long to the dismay of our wives. I put each trips pictures and video onto DVD. We have a blast watching the old ones. To the dismay of our wives!
    But, I have brought a walleye rod and jigs up there for 14 years and never used it once.
    Last edited by 1morecast; 04-08-2015 at 09:30 PM.

I think we can all agree that among the "best weeks of the year" are those we spend on big trips somewhere fishing muskies. I made the mistake once of referring to my three weeks in Canada musky fishing, week in deer camp, week on an out-of-state deer hunt, and turkey camp as the "best weeks of the year" -- when talking with my wife.

Don't do that. Ever.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

When I get back from a Musky fishing all day Saturday and on Sunday go to Grandpa's pit to cast for some crappie and find myself figure 8'ing at the bank.

You refer to your Walleye fishing buddies as baitfishermen.

When you get a new lure and completely modify it 3 different times before you ever use it.

Trying out lures in the sink, bathtub, neighbors pool.

Raise the ceilings in your house to 10 feet to bring your rods in and out.