Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing My Musky Mojo?

I was wrong to demean three states and all the folks who live there just because the upper Midwest gives us winter and it's really nice to enjoy football on Sundays (well these days, Monday, Thursday or Sunday) It was wrong, you can't blame a fellow musky fisherman because his team sucks, his Q-back is maybe not a real person, or his stadium fell down and nobody really cares....really not defensible behavior, and I apologize. I really am regrettful. I only intended to mean Illinois, really just Chicago, when they drive here and well.......you know........you know you know!

Quote Originally Posted by junkman View Post
    I was wrong to demean three states and all the folks who live there just because the upper Midwest gives us winter and it's really nice to enjoy football on Sundays (well these days, Monday, Thursday or Sunday) It was wrong, you can't blame a fellow musky fisherman because his team sucks, his Q-back is maybe not a real person, or his stadium fell down and nobody really cares....really not defensible behavior, and I apologize. I really am regrettful. I only intended to mean Illinois, really just Chicago, when they drive here and well.......you know........you know you know!
    Gee so what your saying is that when we drive up there well you know. Well I think it goes both ways when you dive down here well you know. Even though I love your state for all the right reasons fishing, camping, hunting and am a Packer Backer and know all the words to that song you all love to sing when the bears come to town maybe you shouldn't generalize.

Quote Originally Posted by BLL_BIGFISH View Post
    That's funny, as since I moved to the Minocqua area in late 2006 I have changed. I usually avoid fishing on weekends, except late Sunday, to avoid crowds at boat landings. I look forward to mid-August, which is basically the end of the high traffic volume associated with summer vacation season, and summer camps have closed.

That said, it's still a great time to move "up north", as the late model used housing market is still a bargain compared to the cost of building new homes. I suspect the market will eventually rebound, and that people who have bought recently or soon will do very well.
    I moved to northern WI in 1997 and after initially fishing almost every day I now follow the same pattern, never fish on weekends and totally avoid fishing during the week of the 4th of July. I don't fish LOTW, but I do go to northern MN several times a year. If it is large fish you seek northern MN would keep your interest longer than northern WI. Part of the reason I don't fish as much at home is that I fish so hard the weeks in MN and it is a letdown to come home. I am trying to convince my wife to move but so far no luck.

Trouble with kidding is not everyone knows when you're kidding. My daughter and her soon to be husband live in Chicago and I'm going there tomorrow. Trust me, I love them a lot!
    Truce??

I think Gary is right. Even if I moved to where I learned musky fishing in northern WI I would be heading to northern MN and Canada to get the next best thing.

Marty - I know you are joking and I laugh along.

Ya sure it can all be helped if we could ever get something done about spearing, I spend my entire summer fishing for muskies and other fish in the Minocqua area, and each year it still gets harder and harder to catch them even with all the update know how. I dont consider myself your avg angler either, spending 125 plus days on the water each year. Now the only way to have any fighting chance of making the time on the water worth it, is to head to Canada. Sad to see it all happen with all the lakes in the area but its happend, also it doesent help having a musky school on a small lake, they cannot handle the pressure mostly because of the winter spearing. So Ive watch more and more anglers throw in the towel on musky fishing as I also am comming to that point soon if it doesent change and so far no sign of it improving. Just callin it like I see it, Id like to see Musky Hunter do more shows in the area and reachout to the people who can make a difference to change this desperate situation through there Magazine and knowledge.
    Last edited by sirspeed; 03-28-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Ok, it's officially over. Daughter matched with Chicago hospital for four or five years, husband to be, hopeless devotee to Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, and Cubs. Grandchildren, God-willing, will be XiXs. Other daughter already produced three little Buckeyes, (bengals with ugliest helmets in the NFL). That's it. I'm just going to shut up and watch my Packers alone, and hope McCarthy not calling the plays is a wise choice. Next post back to my "wide" knowledge of musky fishing. Or, become a lurker like the good sticks around here??

Your Spelling their name wrong, It's Bungals and they don't have the ugliest helmets, That honor belong to the other team from that state.
    Last edited by Wolf0503; 03-29-2015 at 10:56 AM.