Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Musky Hunter Moment

Favorite Musky Hunter Moment

What is everyone's favorite moment from any of the Musky Hunter episodes? For me it would probably have to be the one where it was Jim Saric, Mike Lazarus, and Tom Sullivan and they were catching monster after monster and then that huge one hit Jim's bucktail as it was coming right toward the boat and it gave a huge headshake with it's mouth wide open facing right into the camera. I think it ended up taking 2 people to pull it out of the net.

Honorable mention would go to the Woods Wisdom where Steve catches that big one on the 8. That was perfect footage of a figure 8 and a great battle that kept you on the edge of your seat wondering if/when it would get off or get into the motor.

For Jim and Steve, I'm sure you guys have tons and it would be hard to narrow it down but maybe from your perspective what ended up making great footage or just worked out the way you hoped it would for the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    For Jim and Steve, I'm sure you guys have tons and it would be hard to narrow it down but maybe from your perspective what ended up making great footage or just worked out the way you hoped it would for the show?
    For me, my favorite moments of the show are anytime I have a big fish on my line and Jim is holding the net. That just seems to work for me ... everything about it feels right.

Since it is Jim's show, he obviously has more footage/moments to choose from. For me, it is the Woods Wisdom segment you mentioned. I STILL feel a little ill in the pit of my stomach watching that footage ... it was so nip-and-tuck, I remain fearful that fish is going to get off!
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

I remember that episode a few years ago when Marty Forman was a guest on the show. I think that guy really "classed" up the place pretty good. A lot of times you don't expect a guy on a "fishing show" to show that kind of savoir-faire, fashion sense, and appeal to the ladies. It was sort of watching Brady with an on-the-money bullet to Gronk. I always say, "It's gotta be more than just fishing." They should have him on again!

"Are you kidding me?" <---That's my favorite scene. Mich's 50"er casting- while sucker fishing on my favorite pond. Actually all of the Mich sucker bite shows have been among my favorites.
    -Jon
    Last edited by rudedog; 02-18-2015 at 07:37 PM.

Yes, my favorite was also the head shake of that giant 58. My second fav was Jim's follow on the shallowraider at LOTW fishing with Bill Sandy when the musky stayed following the bait for so long, even when he stopped it. The anticipation was awesome.

Junkman, I have to agree that "Marty" guy was a nice touch to the show. Do you know him?

I like the idea of including a viewer in the show. Maybe Jim could pick someone from this message board--maybe someone who has good posts. Jim, feel free to do a history search on my posts (he, he).

Now that's Yeti tough! "dunnot. dut da dunnot..."

Brian

Any LOTW show where Kevin catches the fish.
    Second place is Steve carefully walking that barely hooked musky around. I didn't think you could hold your breath that long.

Marty

Yours was the only episode I ever taped. You are a Rock Star in the making and I'm surprized you don't have your own show. The camera just fell in love with you.

Other than that I like the show where Jim and Tom Sullivan got well over 100 inches of musky in the same net. if i remember correctly Tom had his fish on and Jim was burnig in his bucktail to get the bait out of the water when he too got smashed

I was waiting for the line - We Need A Bigger Net!!!

I've enjoyed all of the MH shows over the years, yet I feel something is missing...

We've all seen video of Bill Dance falling out of boat. Breaking rods. Backing the boat into the lake without taking the trailer straps off. I know I've had a few classic moments myself. So have my musky fishing friends. Are the guests and staff of MH immune to such hi jinks ?

It's time to come clean Jim. Release the blooper reel !

Quote Originally Posted by 1morecast View Post
    Any LOTW show where Kevin catches the fish.
    Second place is Steve carefully walking that barely hooked musky around. I didn't think you could hold your breath that long.
    I've watched that video maybe 50 times, including frame by frame, and it's amazing how the fish grabs the bait and blows it back out of its mouth before I could set the hook. This video is kind of similar to what some friends are saying about rewatching the Packers-Seahawks NFC championship game — you think the Packers STILL might win.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com