Thread: White Bucktail with Silver Blades

White Bucktail with Silver Blades

I've been using black buck tails with silver blades at the NW Angle with good success on my annual trips there. I recently read an article by Gord Pyzer on using white buck tails with silver blades in late spring, which is my next planned trip to paradise. Any thoughts on white and silver buck tails? There's not much white and silver for sale in the big mail order stores. Any suggestions on who makes and sells a double ten or double eight white and silver bait? I see Rollie and Hellen's has a smaller Mepps single blade one on their website.

Shumway cisco pattern is darn close. Buchertail ?natural also.

Check esoxassaulttackle.com. They make Double 10's in many colors including a Baitfish color you may like. Also, I think they will do custom colors for you as well if needed.

Good luck to you....hoping to make my first trip to the NW angle this summer!

Quote Originally Posted by T N T View Post
    Check esoxassaulttackle.com. They make Double 10's in many colors including a Baitfish color you may like. Also, I think they will do custom colors for you as well if needed.

Good luck to you....hoping to make my first trip to the NW angle this summer!
    Sorry...that website is esoxassault.com

You might want to get a double ten with a chartreuse platium blade rigged so the silver is on top with the char platium beneath ... just sayin'.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

I would check out Llungen lures web site. As far as bucktails they have about anything you could ask for and if they don't have it Matt is more than happy to make you anything you can think of. They are good guys that make a very good product.

www.spankybaits.com ... huge selection in multiple variations.

I have done well with Nickel over White bucktails in clear water and in spring when the waters cold. You can get a nickel over white showgirl, Jr. Cowgirl or Cowgirl from Musky Mayhem. Just email them or get a custom at one of the musky shows.

Gord knows more than I do, but I bet you will have many pike interested in that white bucktail. If you don't mind it, it will make for good action. My buddy used a silver bladed with white bucktail Musky Buster brand years ago and it was pike city for him and that was mid-summer.