Thread: Refinishing Advice

Refinishing Advice

I have some hardwood creek chubs that desperately need new paint jobs. What patterns/paint type should I use?

I have always liked the wiggle of the Creek Chub Pikie since I was a kid. Something about it looks right, and I used to catch a lot of fish on them.

Regarding patterns, you can't go wrong with perch, sucker, tullibee/cisco, fire tiger, and the original brown pikie/walleye/baby musky patterns. I used to do a lot of business with the perch pattern years ago.

Regarding paint type -- there are much more qualified individuals than I who use this board who can answer that.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

If you are not spray painting, I just use a simple enamel. I am lucky because I have a friend in the auto repair business and when he is painting clear coats, I take some of my finished lures to him and he puts on the clear coat finish for me. The auto clear coat is rock hard and no water gets in.

I have never messed with the epoxy but in the old days neither did the lure makers, sometimes the baits worked better as they got water logged.

Tom Stinson Customs. Tom does amazing work and can bring your lures back to life in ways you wouldn't think possible. I have also hired local tattoo artists. those guys are true artists and their talent is amazing.