Thread: Reel repairs

Reel repairs

I have some Shamino bait casting reels (Curado 200, 300, and Calcutta 400B) that are in need of repair/maintenance. Any suggestions or comments regarding places that can service these reels would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Madison area - I have two area guys that I would recommend, 1st is Gary Liegel of Eagle's Pro Sports in Sauk City and you can drop off & pick up the reel at Wilderness Fish and Game. His phone number is 608) 643 - 4813, The 2nd is Cory Steil of Badfish Creek Rod Service/Repair just outside of Oregon and his number is 608) 628 - 4889.

If you are looking to send them away for service, you could send them to Shimano, otherwise I have used " Pimp my Rod & Reel" and Richard does a great job.

Richard does an outstanding job, get his power handles on your reels you will not be sorry.
    Pimp your reels
    He has a page on muskiefirst.com

Another vote of confidence for Richard. He's done my Calcutta TEs and Curados. They are better than new when I get them back.

I highly recommend Mat's Reel Repair in Eagle River. Superb work and extremly professional. If you can wait and plan on attending the Milwaukee expo he usually has a both there. You can drop them off with him, explain in person your issues then only pay shipping back.