Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Fall Destination

Favorite Fall Destination

So now that fall is officially here, where are you planning on fishing? Any favorite fall destinations?

I have two trips planned for St. Clair.

Presque Isle, Wi

Can't make it from here to there this year but the Chippewa Flowage has got to be one of the most "Drop Dead" gorgeous places there is this time of year & the "critters" are starting to put on the "feed bag"! Wish I could be there.

Oconomowoc chain. Always a good test of one's mettle and versatility.

Northwest Angle LOTW third week in October, staying at Angle Outpost. It usually snows at least some of the days in the third week of October. Big muskies in Monument Bay if the wind isn't blowing too hard and you can actually fish in there.

Mille Lacs first week of November. Looking for a Monster. Then home waters opening morning of deer season looking for the state record. Will release it of course so won't ever get the record but want to get it on POV camera.

Kingston, Ontario first weekend after the full moon in october. Im hoping for a river monster!

St. Clair...last week of October. Cannot wait! Will be working on getting back and shoulders in shape for a week of Pounders with many trips to Cave Run over the next five weeks!

Cool

I have fished St.Clair most of my life but for walleye and smallmouth. In the fall is the musky bite in anchor bay, the entrance to the bay, off metro, at the mouth of the Detroit river, or up in one of the branches of the St Clair river? Are they shallow or deep? Do you drift and cast or troll like they do in summer? If you troll are you still speed trolling in the fall? I spent one morning Musky trolling/casting this past summer in the waters between metro and the entrance to anchor bay.........good area overall with a wee bit of almost undetectable current there coming from the St Clair river. For those of you willing to weigh in don't worry, your secrets are safe with me, I would find it hard not to still go after walleye and smallies. I am interested in general ideas, more out of curiosity but I am always expanding my knowledge base.
    Thanx MT
    Last edited by Mastertangler; 09-24-2014 at 05:02 AM.

Park Rapids area! Absolutely love the area and the fall color that comes with it! Plus that's where the cabin is!