Thread: Color ob braid line

Color ob braid line

Just wondering what everyone uses for colored braided line and what would be the best all around color for both clear and stained waters.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Low vis green for most applications (eventually all lines "bleach" it seems) I use Suffix 832 "Ghost" for Top-Water..once upon a time I read somewhere that white or light colored line works best for Top water app. &I've found it to be true. When Bass Fishin I like Chartuese or Yellow when fishing Worms or Jigs (Im a line watcher) You'll see the hit before You feel it! Hope this helps, Mike.

Doesn't matter that much when you stick the rod in the water and they eat, so I doubt that the line will matter much. I use light color line because of my visual impairment and its easier for me to see. I suggest that you get a line that casts well and doesn't give you fits with backlashes. You'll get more casts in on a day and maybe that will convert to 1 or more per day.

All-around = green
    Clear lakes = blue
    Stained lakes and rivers = timber brown/bronzeback
    Trolling/deep cranking = red
    Line watching techniques = yellow/chartreuse

I use green Power Pro, although line color really doesn't seem to matter. I know lots of good musky anglers that use white braid and catch a bunch.

I have been using Blue Masterbraid the last couple years on my bucktails rods and my catch rate is identical to when I used bronze or white Tuff Line. I have White TUff Line on my Rubber rods and I use Green 832 on my WTD & Glider rods... I do nto thinkt he fish seem to care. I do use Wind on FLurocarbon leaders so there is about 3 feet of flurocarbon ahead of the line...