Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Climate Change? Believe or not?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE.KY. View Post
    Watch it Sonny..I'll run Ya down with My "Power Chair"!
    I can't remember where I parked it ???

Believe in this case because it implies speculation. The science is incredibly clear on this matter. C02 is a greenhouse gas. We release billions of tons of it per year. The math is pretty straightforward. "Average" global temperatures are creeping up (doesn't mean you won't have a cold year(s)). On the upside I *believe* the piper won't have to be paid in any significant sort of way for another couple generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalwine View Post
    Believe in this case because it implies speculation. The science is incredibly clear on this matter. C02 is a greenhouse gas. We release billions of tons of it per year. The math is pretty straightforward. "Average" global temperatures are creeping up (doesn't mean you won't have a cold year(s)). On the upside I *believe* the piper won't have to be paid in any significant sort of way for another couple generations.
    Could you please point me to the clear science as you call it, where is proven that CO2 causes increase of temperature?

http://www.co2science.org/about/posi...balwarming.php
    http://www.climatescienceinternational.org/
    Last edited by lifeisfun; 09-05-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalwine View Post
    Its easy when the scientist fudge the numbers to make it more believable. Remember that? Media didn't say much about it cause it didn't fit their narrative. If you are older, you remember global cooling in the 70s and all the buzz then. Was the " The science is incredibly clear on this matter" back then?

Warming with the one of the coldest winters and followed by a very comfortable summer. I do like how the algores of the world shift gears from "global warming" to "climate change". And that definition encompasses snow - its climate change, if it rains - its climate change, if its dry - its climate change, if its warm - its climate change, if its cold - its climate change, and the list goes on. All this to implement a carbon tax to which Al Gore personally will benefit as he stands to make a bundle if they do.

I just have one question. How in the heck did we get out of the last ice age? No excessive CO2 back then produced by man. By your assertion, we should have been in the ice age till man started to pump out CO2 in 1900s.

One last thing to think about. Those 20 yr models that were used to create all the hype about global warming some ten years ago predicted that we were warming by whole degrees and we are 10 yrs in and the needle has move just a tiny fraction of a degree. So if it going to move by whole degrees, we are in for some really hot weather the next ten yrs. Yikes!!!

Weather prognosticators can't even get it right 5 days out, but yet the same science tells them its going to be warm the next ten years? Yes, I believe.

Hey muskie nut don't you know the debate is over? We have to hurry, hurry and give the politicians power over all our industries so they can provide their utopian vision of society. After all, they are the smartest people in the room (even though the majority of them haven't even run a Popsicle stand.