Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 56

Thread: Climate Change? Believe or not?

  1. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Florida/Michigan
    Posts
    27
    Patience gents.........how is an opinion formed? Who told YOU there was global warming? You arrived at your opinion somehow. And that is where we are at.

    As responsible citizens of America and citizens of the globe we have a vested interest in a clean planet. I believe that much we can agree on. But is there something more at play than cleaner air and water? Why do we have to hurry, hurry and cede so much power to temporary politicians? We are constantly told the debate is over.......really? Why is the debate over? Says who?

    I say it is those who want to micromanage society who say the debate is over. Those who want to control industry and every other facet of the civil society as if they were moving chess pieces around on a board. Only one problem......most of these career politicians haven't done much else than politics. They don't understand that wind and solar power isn't going to replace fossil fuels just because they deem it must be so. What they will spread is poverty and misery (but they will do it with good intentions right?). I say no thanks......let the debate continue. Is climate change little more than a hoax designed to empower and enrich some or is it the catastrophic and cataclysmic end of the planet as those who espouse such views claim? Frankly I'm not buying in, not even a little but I am for less gunk in the air and being a responsible steward.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Campbellsville, KY.
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastertangler View Post
    Patience gents.........how is an opinion formed? Who told YOU there was global warming? You arrived at your opinion somehow. And that is where we are at.

    As responsible citizens of America and citizens of the globe we have a vested interest in a clean planet. I believe that much we can agree on. But is there something more at play than cleaner air and water? Why do we have to hurry, hurry and cede so much power to temporary politicians? We are constantly told the debate is over.......really? Why is the debate over? Says who?

    I say it is those who want to micromanage society who say the debate is over. Those who want to control industry and every other facet of the civil society as if they were moving chess pieces around on a board. Only one problem......most of these career politicians haven't done much else than politics. They don't understand that wind and solar power isn't going to replace fossil fuels just because they deem it must be so. What they will spread is poverty and misery (but they will do it with good intentions right?). I say no thanks......let the debate continue. Is climate change little more than a hoax designed to empower and enrich some or is it the catastrophic and cataclysmic end of the planet as those who espouse such views claim? Frankly I'm not buying in, not even a little but I am for less gunk in the air and being a responsible steward.
    All that was asked was for OPINIONS .. Never meant to start an argument .. Personal Opinions .. not "Re-hashed Internet nonsense" was all that was asked!

  3. #33
    Senior Member Steve Heiting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1994
    Location
    Minocqua, WI, United States.
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE.KY. View Post
    All that was asked was for OPINIONS .. Never meant to start an argument .. Personal Opinions .. not "Re-hashed Internet nonsense" was all that was asked!
    But differing opinions generally start arguments, or at least strong discussion.

    Let's keep this friendly, guys.
    Steve Heiting

    www.steveheiting.com

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Campbellsville, KY.
    Posts
    128
    You're correct Steve...I started the thread..I should have made it a simple Yes or No survey, sorry, Mike.

  5. #35

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Ferguson View Post
    "Retired" weather man from San Diego (KUSI) the past several years. He was there one day, then mysteriously gone... no idea what happened, but there was about one day of mentioning him by colleagues afterwards.

    I would switch the channel whenever he came on... couldn't stand to watch him dance (see link below) while he did the weather. He didn't seem any worse than the rest when it came to forecasting the weather.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX61bRiAqFQ

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Elk Grove Village, IL and Phillips, WI
    Posts
    551
    John Coleman used to be on in Chicago a while back. Same crazy antics back then.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    E. Tenn
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by KenK View Post
    John Coleman used to be on in Chicago a while back. Same crazy antics back then.
    Not so much back then.. but the guy knew his stuff..

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Campbellsville, KY.
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by miket55 View Post
    Not so much back then.. but the guy knew his stuff..
    If You lived in Chicago in the 1960's You'll remember John Coleman ..He was then and still is a Horses A$$! He really wasn't a Weatherman .. more of a Comedian. The most inaccurate clown ever. In Jan. 1967 I was in the Military & I called home My Dad told me They had 24"of Snow.. Coleman said it was going to be partly cloudy! 24" of partly cloudy! He knew His Stuff? What Stuff is that? Thanks for the laugh!!

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    E. Tenn
    Posts
    89
    Every weather guy missed that one, right down to the National Weather Service.

    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lot/?n=67blizzard
    Last edited by miket55; 09-04-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •