Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change? Believe or not?

Quote Originally Posted by miket55 View Post
    I remember some pretty cold weather in the 70's and early 80's. In fact there was a panic over the prospect of the next ice age being upon us, The pundits were advocating spreading soot on the polar ice caps to absorb more of the sun's energy.
    I thought I was the only one who was taught in school that Lake Michigan would be frozen over and ice hundreds of feet high would cover the midwest down past the border of Wisconsin ...... pretty scary stuff to be teaching young kids when you only live a couple blocks from the lake's edge

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE.KY. View Post
    Just curious was wondering how others feel..I have lived in the same location for the last 8years and every year the weather seems to have extreme highs & lows more so each year. Where I live is KENTUCKY for the last 8yrs, but previously I lived in Illinois & Wisconsin. Never started noticing this till about 5yrs ago..even most of the "Locals" agree that the Weather patterns are changing .. more extreme, especially the Farmers I've talked to, wondering what other Fishermen think? Do Ya believe it or not?
    I believe weather patterns are changing, recently trending warmer, but there is substantial evidence that the poles were once (long ago) much warmer than currently, so I'd say that we will continue to see change. I see extremes, both warm and cold, becoming the new normal.

Incidentally, this is has been by best musky fishing season since moving to northern WI in 2007!
    Last edited by BLL_BIGFISH; 09-01-2014 at 09:24 AM. Reason: add

I agree with everything You stated especially the extreme warm & cold becoming the normal. Moved to Ky. from Woodruff, Wi. In 2006. Still love & miss the Northwoods . Happy for Your fine season ...doing good down here in Ky. water too warm now for Muskie fishing at this time, looking forward to Fall.

Economics Professor.. WTF???

Economics Professor.. WTF???
    Well, he just took existing data and that's what number guys are for, unlike the Gore/Suzuki con.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfun View Post
    Well, he just took existing data and that's what number guys are for, unlike the Gore/Suzuki con.
    You can take data and frame it or form it any way You prefer to .. the graphs are just about un-readable .. it really has no credibility, thats the problem I had with it.

You can take data and frame it or form it any way You prefer to .. the graphs are just about un-readable .. it really has no credibility, thats the problem I had with it.
    Well, that is just your opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfun View Post
    Well, that is just your opinion....
    That is correct.. My opinion. This thread was intended to get other Fisherman's opinions on this subject .. do YOU believe in it or not? It was not intended to have a bunch of Internet B.S. (either way) brought into the conversation. I couldn't care less about what Al Gore or this Economic Professors opinions are! That's not what this thread was about.

That is correct.. My opinion. This thread was intended to get other Fisherman's opinions on this subject .. do YOU believe in it or not? It was not intended to have a bunch of Internet B.S. (either way) brought into the conversation. I couldn't care less about what Al Gore or this Economic Professors opinions are! That's not what this thread was about.
    Of course not, since I still didn't see shred of evidence to support it.
    Opinions on major issue like this is usually formed by reading, so it's hard to imagine that it can be formed on local experience or over short period of time.