Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change? Believe or not?

Quote Originally Posted by junkman View Post
    I think it was John Lennon who said, "I'm a believer!" (Me too)
    Nope, sang by the Monkees and written by Neil Diamond.
    Last edited by muskie_nut; 08-29-2014 at 11:24 AM.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one!" - J. Lennon.

If you're old enough to recognize a Monkees song, maybe you're just old! (me too!).
    RIP Dave Jones who sang vocals on it. m

So the next musky hot spot will be Lake Superior!
    "All men are equal before fish". - Herbert Hoover

Is there climate change? Of course, the climate is always changing. Just remember, 1 large vocanic eruption could drop global temps, and put us in another ice age. As far as this man-made theory, we give ourselves too much credit.

I think Mankind can take quite a bit of credit! Seems things have really starting getting weird since the Chinese really got all their factories cranking..remember the last Olympics over there, with Everyone wearing some kind of Protection Mask..Particle Mask ..whatever.You couldn't see a quarter mile! Where do You think all that S#i! goes? Our Country has an Environmental Protection Agency as ineffective as it may be it's better than most manufacturing Countries have! ALL the Humans not just the Chinese have got to stop PIGGING Up the Planet.
    Last edited by MIKE.KY.; 08-30-2014 at 02:26 PM.

the only sure thing about climate is it is going to change. In the middle ages the earth was warmer than it is now. When I was a kid climatologists assured us that there was going to be an ice age. Now it is global warming........since that isn't going to happen on the scale they said it would they changed the language to "climate change" (so if it is cold or hot its still our fault).

The big question is not if there is climate change but what is causing it. There is a bigger body of scientist and evidence which point to the sun as the source and not to CO2 levels than we are led to believe. But if scientist let their views be made known they suffer in the form of not being published or grants declined. I believe the whole climate change scenario is largely used to try and gain control of industry in the form of "carbon credits".....pay to play. We had better watch out before we empower politicians in the form of carbon credits who will then be able to dictate to industry what they can and cannot do. I am not for unregulated industry but this will get out of hand in a hurry in the form of crony capitalism where politicians will slide industry a few credits in return for reelection money.

Less gunk in the air a good thing. Man made climate change is merely a method to control by those who think they are the smartest people in the room and want to impose their vision of utopia on the rest. Never has worked in the past, won't work in the future.

Ice caps are melting? Think again. They tell you one pole is melting but they leave out the other pole has record ice. Be careful what you believe.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/12/gl...break-records/
    Last edited by Mastertangler; 08-31-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Great post Masterangler!
    Couldn't agree more.

What color is the sun in your world? m

It's not "climate change" anymore... It's "climate disruption", so I guess it's proven to occur if it rains on your picnic..

Well stated Masterangler..
    Last edited by miket55; 08-31-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastertangler View Post
    the only sure thing about climate is it is going to change. In the middle ages the earth was warmer than it is now. When I was a kid climatologists assured us that there was going to be an ice age. Now it is global warming........since that isn't going to happen on the scale they said it would they changed the language to "climate change" (so if it is cold or hot its still our fault).

The big question is not if there is climate change but what is causing it. There is a bigger body of scientist and evidence which point to the sun as the source and not to CO2 levels than we are led to believe. But if scientist let their views be made known they suffer in the form of not being published or grants declined. I believe the whole climate change scenario is largely used to try and gain control of industry in the form of "carbon credits".....pay to play. We had better watch out before we empower politicians in the form of carbon credits who will then be able to dictate to industry what they can and cannot do. I am not for unregulated industry but this will get out of hand in a hurry in the form of crony capitalism where politicians will slide industry a few credits in return for reelection money.

Less gunk in the air a good thing. Man made climate change is merely a method to control by those who think they are the smartest people in the room and want to impose their vision of utopia on the rest. Never has worked in the past, won't work in the future.

Ice caps are melting? Think again. They tell you one pole is melting but they leave out the other pole has record ice. Be careful what you believe.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/05/12/gl...break-records/
    I've heard that Congressmen & Senators are going to have to wear Nascar Style uniforms with those "Patch's" so We can tell Who Their Corporate Sponsors are.