Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change? Believe or not?

Question Climate Change? Believe or not?

Just curious was wondering how others feel..I have lived in the same location for the last 8years and every year the weather seems to have extreme highs & lows more so each year. Where I live is KENTUCKY for the last 8yrs, but previously I lived in Illinois & Wisconsin. Never started noticing this till about 5yrs ago..even most of the "Locals" agree that the Weather patterns are changing .. more extreme, especially the Farmers I've talked to, wondering what other Fishermen think? Do Ya believe it or not?

I believe!

I believe, but then we've had global climate change for eons according to the scientist.

Used to be a mile thick glacier where I now sit...Ya, climate change is/has been ongoing for a loooong time!

Yes I believe in climate change and that the earth is warming. CO2 levels in the polar ice caps clearly indicate that. However, being a geologist I tend to look at things in terms if millions of years so any 25 year temperature cycle is pretty difficult to prove as being man-made.

---- the earth has been here for 6,000,000,000 years ,,, modern science has been here for 100 years -----

We're all well aware of that..the question was , do You think that its changing? I'm 67 yrs old and I don't remember weather changes as extreme as there have been in the last decade. In 2012 We had the warmest winter ever recorded here and in 2013 the coldest on record. Seems like weather is changing at an accelerated pace.I know weather records are at best 125yrs old & when The "Weather Guesser's tell Us what's normal They really don't know, I'm talking what We're living thru now...
    Last edited by MIKE.KY.; 08-28-2014 at 12:57 PM.

I remember some pretty cold weather in the 70's and early 80's. In fact there was a panic over the prospect of the next ice age being upon us, The pundits were advocating spreading soot on the polar ice caps to absorb more of the sun's energy.

I think it was John Lennon who said, "I'm a believer!" (Me too)

It's happening, no doubt about it.