Thread: Looking for a "numbers" lake in Wisconsin

Looking for a "numbers" lake in Wisconsin

I am looking for a lake in Wisconsin to take my kids (ages 12 and 14) for their first musky trip. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Here is what I am looking for:

1. Can be anywhere in Wisconsin.
    2. Must have numbers of fish, not size. A lake with a lot of 24" to 36" fish would be perfect.
    3. There must be boat rental available on the lake.
    4. Since they are novices with bait casting reels, the structure must be easy to cast to (e.g. not a lot of sunken trees).
    5. The lake should be fairly easy for me to pattern. We will only be fishing for two days and I will have to figure it out on my own.

Feel free to PM me if you prefer. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Brian

Brian, i would try the golden rule resort on placid lake of the tiger cat flowage near hayward. The bay by the resort is full of snags but try the south half of the lake by the white buoys for action and easy casting. You may not be able to get a cabin for two days but they have motel rooms also. Gus-gus

Callahan lake by Hayward,Wi. was always a good numbers lake .. not sure if it still is .. have not been up there in a while, its right off highway.B , west of CC not far from Jenks Bait Shop, call Jenks and He can probably tell You if the fishing is still decent, Mike.

I'm not sure on boat rentals ..Jenks can let You know about that also, Mike.

Ghost Lake in Hayward

Great #'s lake, Nate rents cabins, boats, everything you need! Exactly what you are looking for! Nate's GREAT guy and Ghost lake is a small but productive one that is a blast to fish for muskies.