Thread: Abu Garcia Volitile Rods

Abu Garcia Volitile Rods

Was at Bass Pro tonight and saw the Abu Garcia Volitle 8-6 musky rod. Does anybody have any comment on these rods. I put a reel on it and it felt pretty good. I am also considering the Shimano Compre but can not find anybody in the Chicagoland that stocks them to see how they feel. I dont want to order and ship one then find out I dont like the feel of it and then go through the hassle of returning it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmusky View Post
    Was at Bass Pro tonight and saw the Abu Garcia Volitle 8-6 musky rod. Does anybody have any comment on these rods. I put a reel on it and it felt pretty good. I am also considering the Shimano Compre but can not find anybody in the Chicagoland that stocks them to see how they feel. I dont want to order and ship one then find out I dont like the feel of it and then go through the hassle of returning it. Thanks.
    I used them last season and liked them. They aren't a whole lot different than the Fenwick Elite Tech series of musky rods that I helped design a while back. Actions are real similar. You won't be disappointed.

Rob Manthei

I have the Volatile 7'-9" med/heavy paired with a NACL 50HS. I'm really happy with it for throwing medium cranks or topwater.

Thanks guys for your feed back. I am going with the Abu Rod. Thanks again.