Thread: Well now I don't feel so bad

Red face Well now I don't feel so bad

After watching this weeks MH show with Jim and Steve fishing northern Wisconsin for the first half of the show. It looked like a full day of fishing with two smallish fish in the boat.
    That makes me feel pretty good about all of my one fish and zero fish days. I enjoy every day up there fishing but have more fishless days than fish in the boat days in the last 30+ years.

Back in the 80’ when I bought my first boat, I would stay on a musky lake I knew well, but a few days I would do road trips. As we wound around those wooded roads, we would stop at every little lake we came across not knowing if there were muskies or not. I had a roller trailer, so we could launch just about anywhere. We got some huge bass and a million pike, but we never scored big on muskies. We did catch a few nice muskies and the adventure sure was fun.

Every year I have a couple no fish trips....of course you never see those shows!

There was a lot of effort expended and miles driven to boat those two fish. Years with cold springs and late ice-outs like last year always make it challenging early in the season, but they also make you appreciate the good times more … you kind of feel like you're getting even.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

You betcha, more fishless trips than fish caught is normal. When the weather, solar & lunar line up, and you're in good spots you see fish. It's a great feeling to catch 'em, but also if it's only the catching that gives you the high, you will NOT last chasing them and move on to the other species.