Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: With Whom Would You Like to Spend a Day in the Boat?

With Whom Would You Like to Spend a Day in the Boat?

There are many “big name” men/women in the musky world. I'm referring to people such as well-known guides, the speakers at musky shows, personalities on television shows, and authors of musky-related books and magazine articles. You may have met some of these people at boat launches or sport shows. Some of these folks made such a profound impression upon me that I was thinking “man, I would love to spend a day in the boat with this person” – not to be guided, but just fish together and enjoy each other’s company.

Has anyone made such an impression upon you? With whom would you love to spend a day in the boat? My answer to this question is a two-way tie: Steve Heiting and Dick Pearson.

To be a kid in a candy store! I would pick Don Pursch.

Joe Bucher, Jim Saric, Steve Heiting, Phil Schweik, Russ Smith.

And somebody that knows the Green Bay area very well lol.

First off, my father. It has been almost 20 years and I miss his company in the boat. As for now, Steve Heiting. I learned so much from him at the 2 Esox U schools and he is a great teacher and coach in the boat.

There are several folks who I would love to share a boat with. But if I had to pick one person it would be Al Lindner.

Of the relatively few guides I've fished with, Steve Herbeck and Rob Manthei are the two guides I enjoyed fishing with the most, though Herbie's entire staff was great when I was at AML. I've met a bunch of guides I'd like to fish with... and I'm sure Jim or Steve would be a joy to be with on the water for a day.

Bob: x2 on that father thing.
    My dad really liked pikes, he would-a loved to get a muskie. m
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grandmameanddad.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	1166  

Al Linder, Jim Saric. Could pretty much learn a pile from that duo..

I would love to fish with any of the big namers. Not just to learn but would like to compare my abilities agaist the guys who get to fish the best waters at the best times of year. Would love to fish with other local guy Mark Lejewski.

Bob, I was thinking the same thing when I saw this thread a few hours ago, but didn't want to come off as a softy. It's been 21 years for me without my Dad! He didn't like to fish musky, but he loved to fish for just about anything else that would bite.

If I could pick, Dick Pearson on LOTW. I'm sure it would be memorable.