Thread: Need help and ideas for Bay of Quinte St Lawrence area

Need help and ideas for Bay of Quinte St Lawrence area

Happy New Year to all! I am heading to the Bay of Quinte area on the St Lawrence River the last week of this June. I know the pros catch monsters every fall trolling deep in this region but I am trying to figure out the best plan of attack for my June trip. With the spawn over and all the deep water around, is trolling still my best bet? I would love to hear all your opinions and experiences with regards to depths, lures, and habitat to try. Thanks in advance. Greg

Amherst Island

Quote Originally Posted by hammyal View Post
    Happy New Year to all! I am heading to the Bay of Quinte area on the St Lawrence River the last week of this June. I know the pros catch monsters every fall trolling deep in this region but I am trying to figure out the best plan of attack for my June trip. With the spawn over and all the deep water around, is trolling still my best bet? I would love to hear all your opinions and experiences with regards to depths, lures, and habitat to try. Thanks in advance. Greg

Telemetry studies done by Lapan proved St. Lawrence muskys migrated to the Amherst Island area right after spawning on the St. Lawrence (a trip of 60+ miles). I'd check out that area.

Mike

Thanks Mike, that's good info as I am staying in Picton and thats not a bad run.

Could you provide a link to the telemetry study?