Thread: Pacemaker

Pacemaker

Hello,
    Im looking at buying a few Pacemakers this year and was wondering what size to get. The waters that I fish the most are Eagle Chain, Madison Chain and Peweaukee. Any Pacemaker fan feed back is appreciated. The 7.5 seems larger than that and have not seen the 5.5s. Just wanted to see what the majority of you are throwing.

One of my favorite topwater baits. The big fish will hit the smaller ones and the small fish will hit the bigger ones, and visa-versa, so I'd get a couple of each if you can. m

Quote Originally Posted by mikie View Post
    One of my favorite topwater baits. The big fish will hit the smaller ones and the small fish will hit the bigger ones, and visa-versa, so I'd get a couple of each if you can. m
    What Mikie said. Size can mean everything, and this can vary with the hour, the day, the week, or the season.

The good thing about topwaters is you don't need every color in the box. Give me a dark one for low-light conditions and a bright one (usually firetiger) for daytime conditions, and I'm happy.

However, I usually work in a whitish or silvery model of my favorite topwaters, too, for that baitfish-on-the-surface look. The "mouse" pattern was really good in bright sunlight on Vermilion back when I fished that lake a lot, and I even added a little more white with a spray can.

So, to answer the question, I think you need four Pacemakers -- two large models and two small models, one each in black and one each in the bright color of your choice.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Thank you both for your responses I will buy a few. With that being said at the Milwaukee show this year I saw the new Big Mama Twisted sister clicker bait what do you think about that bait? Has anyone had the chance to throw it yet? Ill probably by a few of each but just wanted to stir up a little conversation.